MSCP believes that parents play a critical role in the education of their student. We value parent input and welcome parents on our campus at anytime. We offer a variety of opportunities for parents to engage in their child’s education. For more information on how to get involved, contact our parent coordinator at (323) 821-1393.
MSCP Parent Resources
Getting to school
We are very pleased to have our own location this year and are looking forward to the continued expansion of our school. We hope to become an established part of the community. To help ensure compliance with all traffic rules and regulations, the Los Angeles City Planning Department requires that we collect vehicle information from all families and staff members. Please download the attached form, fill it out and return it to the school if you have not done so already. If you have any questions, please contact the school at (323) 821-1393
Routes to School
MSCP is located at 3202 W Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90018. Please help us respect our neighbors by using only major streets on your way to school.
- From the east, travel west on Washington or Jefferson Blvds to Crenshaw Blvd.
- From the north, travel south on Crenshaw Blvd and turn left onto Adams Blvd.
- From the south, travel north on Crenshaw Blvd and turn right onto Adams Blvd.
- From the west, travel east on Adams Blvd and turn right into the school.
Student Dropoff & Pickup Procedures
- Cars must enter through the gate that is labeled “entrance” and exit through the gate that is labeled “exit”.
- Cars can only make a right hand turn into the entrance gate (no left hand turns into the school from Adams).
- No drop off or pick up on Adams Blvd. or neighboring streets.
- No parking on Adams Blvd. or neighboring streets.
- Students may not drive themselves to school.
- Please drop off students in front of the school building and proceed to the exit.
- Pedestrians may only walk in through the pedestrian entrance on the right .
- Please carpool!
Entrega/Recoge de los Estudiantes
- Coches solo pueden entrar por la puerta marcada como “entrance” y salir por la puerta marcada “exit”.
- Coches solo pueden dar a la derecha en a la puerta (sin vuelta a mano izquierda desde la calle Adams Blvd.).
- Se prohíbe dejar y recoger en Adams Blvd. y las calles vecinas.
- Se prohíbe estacionar sobre Adams Blvd. y las calles vecinas.
- Los estudiantes no se les permite conducir ellos mismos.
- Por favor deje a los estudiantes en frente del edificio y continúe a la salida.
- Peatones solo pueden entrar por la entrada peatonal a la derecha.
- Se recomienda compartir viajes con otros estudiantes.
Bullying & harassment
STEM Prep Schools takes a proactive stance when addressing bullying and cyberbullying issues. We believe that every student has the right to attend school without fear of threat or intimidation by other students. All discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying on the basis of a student’s actual or perceived disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, Religion, Sexual Orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, or immigration status, or association with a person or group with one or more of the aforementioned characteristics, is strictly prohibited. Students who experience threats, harassment/bullying by a student or students or an adult in school or on the way to or from school, are expected to report these incidents to a school guidance counselor and/or school administrator. Students who witness or have knowledge of another student’s mistreatment are asked to report this to a guidance counselor and/or school administrator. Students may report the incident verbally or in writing. Retaliation against a person who reports bullying and/or cyber-bullying, provides information during an investigation of bullying and/or cyberbullying or witnesses or has reliable information about bullying and/or cyberbullying is prohibited.
The School Site Council (SSC) is the group of elected parents, teachers and students. The SSC meets throughout the year to develop, evaluate and update the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP).
If you are a parent that would like to get involved and give the school feedback on it’s Learning
Continuity and Attendance Plan, please join us for a stakeholder input meeting on Wednesday, August 12th at
2023-24 SSC Meeting Dates:
- Meeting 1: October 10, 2023 9:00-10:00am
- Meeting 2: November 14, 2023 9:00-10:00am
- Meeting 3: January 26, 2024 9:00-10:00am
- Meeting 4: February 16, 2024 9:00-10:00am
- Meeting 5: February 27, 2024 9:00-10:00am
2023-24 ELAC Meeting Dates:
- Meeting 1: November 09, 2023 9:00-10:00 am
- Meeting 2: December 12, 2023 9:00-10:00 am
- Meeting 3: January 9, 2024 9:00-10:00 am
- Meeting 4: February 20, 2024 9:00-10:00 am
California State University (CSU System): www.csumentor.edu
University of California (UC System) : www.admission.
California Community Colleges: www.
Association of Independent California Colleges & University: www.aiccu.
College Board, PSAT, SAT: www.collegeboard.org
Fast Web: www.fastweb.com
California Colleges: www.secure.
Latino College Dollars: www.
I Can Afford College: www.icanaffordcollege.com
L.A. Cash for College: www.lacashforcollege.org
Going 2 College: www.going2college.org
Scholarship Experts: www.scholarshipexperts.
Scholarship America: www.scholarshipamerica.org
Hispanic Scholarship Fund: www.hsf.net
United Negro College Fund: www.uncf.org
Find Tuition: www.
Salvadorian American Leadership & Educational Fund: www.salef.org
California Dream Act: www.dream.csac.ca.gov
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): www.fafsa.ed.gov
Federal Pell Grant: www2.ed.gov
California Student Aid Commission – Cal Grant: www.calgrants.org